Sunday, August 12, 2018

Day 2 Coach to Keto! The Food Was Yummy

Fat tastes good Ya'll!  I mean, really, really good!  Day 1 on the Keto. Diet started with scrambled eggs. 3 delicious, whole eggs...not egg whites.  Even better, I got to use coconut oil.  1 whole teaspoon. I love the taste of coconut oil. Plus,  you have no idea how refreshing it was to not have a mess of stuck on egg in the bottom of my pan. To be able to actually slide the egg right out of the pan and onto my plate... Well, let's just say that hasn't happened in a while.  I didn't just have eggs, and coconut oil, I had BACON.  Yup, 2 delicious pieces of Farm Fresh, Ewe and Me Meadow (that's my farm) raised bacon.  I cooked a big batch in the oven at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes. Perfection.  Next, I threw on some Cheese. Full Fat, and 1 ounce of delicious from the block sharp cheddar.  Then a little Baby Bok Choy for fiber and salt and pepper for even more flavor.  This meal was absolute HEAVEN.

My daughter and I had a shopping day planned, so off we went on our 45 minute drive to the nearest "big" town.  We hit McDonald's up first and used the APP to score a 2 Egg McMuffins on BOGO for her and a $1.00 Artisan Chicken Sandwich sans bun and tomato for me.  I didn't special order. I looked at the sandwich for a minute to see how I was gonna tackle my problem.  Then,  I just chucked the bun and tomato to the side, wrapped my chicken up in the big lettuce leaf, stuck it in the parchment paper that comes with the sandwich and enjoyed.

We shopped for hours.  We hit Rue 21, TJ MAXX, Pet Supplies, Pet-smart, Goodwill, Big Lots and Bath and Body Works.  I took water with me, but drank it all and maybe made a bad choice with a 0 carb Diet Pepsi.  There is no conclusive evidence to suggest that Diet Soda is damaging to the Keto Diet.  Today it did not make me crave carbs and sugar BUT remember...it is only day one.  We shopped and shopped some more.  Good thing I scored some Keto Friendly food for the drive home, as I hadn't eaten now for about 4 ish hours.  My daughter and I drove home and snacked on a few Salted Pistachios. OM, NOM, NOM!

Got home about 7:30 and cooked dinner.  4 oz of farm fresh, ground beef. 1 slice of Muenster Cheese and 1/2 serving of Baby Bok Choy cause....Fiber!

Input everything I ate today into My Fitness Pal and.....FAIL.   Not enough fat.  I thought about what I could eat to fix my macros and settled for 3 Tablespoons of salted butter!  O.K.  I don't recommend this.  It tasted good at first but toward the end...it was gross. Anyway, it fixed my macros and left me more than satisfied for the day at 1500 calories.

Bottom line.  Today went great.  I felt full and satisfied and the food was delicious.  It was not optimal to eat 3 Tablespoons of butter at 7:30 P.M. but I wanted to meet those macros.  Can't burn fat if you don't eat fat!  Lesson learned.  I have pre- logged my food for tomorrow and my macros will be pretty spot on with balanced fat intake throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Couch to Keto Day 3: Weekdays are Easy! But perhaps, I say that too early?

Well it's the start of Day 3.  On Keto. Day 2 was easy. It was Monday so back to my usual routine. I was able to prepare all my mea...